- Magyar Madness: I. Passionate Knights
- Magyar Madness: II. Contentment (Interlude)
- Magyar Madness: III. Magyar Madness
- A Field Manual: I. Overture
- A Field Manual: II. Sonia Henie Sonnet
- A Field Manual: III. Old Acquaintance
- A Field Manual: IV. The Book of Sorrow
- A Field Manual: V. Beside a Pool
- A Field Manual: VI. The Countess and Sweet Gwendolyn’s Tale
The recording includes two major Del Tredici chamber works: Magyar Madness (2006) a clarinet quintet performed by David Krakauer and the Orion Quartet and A Field Manual (2008) settings of poems by Ed Field with soloists Courtenay Budd and Michael Kelly with the Fireworks Ensemble conducted by Steven Mercurio.
Written for Fireworks, A Field Manual is rife with verbal pyrotechnics—the poetry of Edward Field. This cycle of songs is scored for high soprano, baritone and eight instruments—all of which are, in varying degrees, electrified. Commissioned by Fireworks, it is dedicated to Fireworks’ founder, Brian Coughlin.
Release Date: 04/29/2016